Thursday, November 17, 2011

Late June 2011

I turned 40 this past June. Unlike a lot of folks, it didn't bother me. I figured I have made it this far .. yay!

I had a health scare a couple of years ago, so that put some perspective on it. I also am a homeowner with a good husband, a great kid and a part-time job that allows me to drop her off at school and pick her up everyday. I had a lot to show for making it to 40.

When I turned 30 it was a different story. I had just finished my college degree ... a long and winding road. I had a new job and a new car, but no kids. And then September 11th happened. Overall, it was just not a good summer.

I figured a blog of musings, thoughts, reflections, etc. would be a good outlet. Now that I've been laid off, effective next week, it will be downright therapeutic I think.

I've always worked and even when I gave birth to my daughter I only took 3 weeks off. (Job had no maternity leave and too small a company for FMLA protection.) In the back of my mind I always thought I'd have some time to finally do all those rainy day projects like putting together photo albums and writing. What happened to those August days in high school where I was bored? Well, now that I finally have some time and when I'm not busy looking for a job, I am going to do those things that have been piling up. This blog will help me be accountable.

I am certainly inspired by the energy and output of other bloggers.  If they can do it all, so can I. I just need to get my act together. And do a little more reflecting on life and what matters most besides/in addition to a paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment